Click this link to listen to find this podcast on your provider, or directly on this device!
You can hear how much I enjoyed this chat with Flossie Donnelly on all things beach cleaning! The name Jeremy will forever have a new meaning… Stay up to date with her ventures on Instagram @Flossieandthebeachcleaners! and you can find out more about their workshops on their website at www.flossieandthebeachcleaners.com.
- [04:30] Getting to know Flossie and how she learned about plastic waste.
- [08:10] How the beach cleans started and how often they go.
- [10:45] The most common waste items they find.
- [11:55] What they do with intact clothes & objects they save.
- [16:25] What Flossie thinks needs to change so people aren’t discarding as much waste on the beach.
- [19:20] How the name came about.
- [22:50] Making environmentalism a core subject in schools.
- [26:40] Flossie’s experience of adults treating her or her activism differently because of her age.
- [31:05] Some of the more unusual items Flossie has found on cleans!
- [36:10] Random Questions.
Don't forget to please to sign and share this petition to make environmentalism a core subject in secondary schools.
To find a clean up community, as well as Flossie you can check out Clean Coasts, Climate Love Ireland, Understory or search the web for ‘local clean up group’. You’ll be surprised as to what’s already near you!