The River Poddle runs through Dublin City, sometimes underground, so not a lot of people know of its importance. Róisín McAleer, a teacher and member of Crumlin Community Clean Up group, tells us about the importance of the river and how it's being threatened right now.
The Planning documents are available to view here.
You can also copy and paste your email and send it to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Commissioner of Floodrisk Management
- email@example.com - Director of Floodrisk Management
Get Involved With:
Covered in this episode:
- Where the river Poddle flows and a glimpse into the history of the river.
- The various species and fauna that rely on the river.
- The danger posed by the planned cement floodbanks.
- The alternative flood management options available.
- Why "ordinary people" getting involved with activism is important.
- The importance of saving one river, all rivers and all people.
- The 1945 drainage act.
- How to get involved in saving the Poddle.
You can see the Poddle in:
- Tymon Park.
- Whitehall Road, Kimmage Manor.
- Poddle Park/Ravensdale Park.
- St. Martin's Park.